HOME   //   PROFILE   //   RSS

I Take Bob Corker Serious
by John Jazwiec

Even after you consider that GOP Sen Bob Corker is retiring, the bluntness and his lack of ambiguity regarding Donald Trump is both troubling and confirmative. 

"I think Secretary Tillerson, Secretary Mattis, and Chief of Staff Kelly are those people that help separate our country from chaos, and I support them very much".

Myself and many others see Trump as someone not fit to be president. I respect the other 40% of the country that doesn't feel that way. But perhaps their needs are not the same as the other 60%.

I want a president that cares about all Americans. Trump doesn't. I wan't a president that is humbled by the office he holds. Trump doesn't. I want a president that is empathetic to other human beings. Trump doesn't. I want a president that understands that drama is a recipe for failure. Trump doesn't. I want a president that works with his cabinet and staff in collaboration. Trump doesn't. I want a president that takes domestic and foreign policy seriously enough to read briefing books. Trump doesn't. I want a president that may disagree with the media - all president do - but respects the 4th estate. Trump doesn't. 

I don't want a president that that talks loudly and carries a little stick. Trump does. I don't want a president who's own finances are entangled with the constitutional power he possesses. Trump does. I don't want a president that is not even-keeled and doesn't stays on message. Trump does. I don't want a president that forces his people to say nice things about him. Trump does. I don't want a president with authoritative tendencies, who want's military parades. Trump does. I don't want a president that doesn't care, that as the head of state, he has to act presidential and in the continuum of its past office holders. Trump does.

To some 60% of us, we worry about the damage Trump has made and can create in the future. Senator Corker confirmed those worries this week. 



Comments

Verify your Comment

Previewing your Comment

This is only a preview. Your comment has not yet been posted.

Working...
Your comment could not be posted. Error type:
Your comment has been saved. Comments are moderated and will not appear until approved by the author. Post another comment

The letters and numbers you entered did not match the image. Please try again.

As a final step before posting your comment, enter the letters and numbers you see in the image below. This prevents automated programs from posting comments.

Having trouble reading this image? View an alternate.

Working...

Leave a comment

Comments are moderated, and will not appear until the author has approved them.

From athletic scholar and satirist to computer programmer to CEO success, John Jazwiec brings a unique and often eccentric perspective to business and supply chain challenges. Exploring how they can be solved through the leadership and communication insights found in untraditional sources. This CEO blog demonstrates how business insights from books on history to the music of Linkin Park can help challenge and redefine “successful leadership.” Read Jazwiec’s Profile >>

Hierarchy of corporate success

What does it take for businesses to break out of bad habits and succeed?
Download John’s free white paper >>